Monday, July 13, 2009

I never noticed the size of my feet.

Internet Dudes, I am totally swamped today! I worked yesterday, got here at 6:30 this morning, have been busting my hump all day long, and will be here several more hours before this day (and this stinking alignment) is done. I am, however, starting to lose focus a bit and am enjoying the itunes shuffle more and more; it is throwing out some warm, juicy music love this afternoon. I’ve had Some Duke Ellington, some Afrigo Band, Aimee Mann.... the shuffle is quality today, and is finding tunes to perfectly fit my mood.

Some choice lyrics and songs from the past hour or so:
  • “I gotta get a belly full of wine” – Her Majesty from Abbey Road... ummm. yeah. That should be my motto. That or “I never joke about my vices”
  • “I get the heebie-jeebies, and my panic makes me late” – Does Everyone Stare by the Police. I’ve broken into several cold sweats today.
  • “They looked sick and stoned and strangely dressed. No one showed from the local press.” – April the 14th, Pt. 1. Gillian Welch. I would definitely call what I am wearing borderline strange today.
  • “What you Say?!?” – A Fool in Love, by the incomparable Tina Turner, from back when Ike was still abusing her and before Mad Max got hold of her fashion sense.
  • “Everyone’s saying different things to me, different things to me” -- In The Waiting Line by Zero 7...seriously, this is EXACTLY how my last few days of work have gone.
  • “Maybe the sun will shine today, the clouds will roll away” – Either Way by Wilco ... “I will understand, that everything has a plan...” Appropriate, since I am a planning engineer.


I apologize if my posts have been boring of late.... when the engineering brain kicks in, the creative brain hovers in the corner in fear, sipping chai, thinking about organic gardening, and reading Joyce (oh wait, I don’t do any of those things). Like Bruce when the Cat scratches him after he sniffs his ass, again. That dummy never learns.

No comments: