Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Funky Driver on a Funky Bus

Yes, yes I am, indeed, at work on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. And yes, it sucks.

I am not being nearly as productive as I should be, but am setting it up nicely to get in here at 6:30 in the morning and hit the ground running. Getting the easy things out of the way today so I can concentrate on the actual design elements tomorrow. My brain just is not functioning well enough today for the hard stuff. That's what happens when you spend the evening at Brewer's Art drinking Resurrection.

Ryan and I met up with our old friend Clark for a couple of quality Belgian Ales and to catch up, because we haven't seen him since Night of 100 Elvises back in December. That is way too long. Clark and his wife Joan are some of the greatest people I know, and I always love to spend hours chatting with them. We don't get to do it often enough. Then we stopped by our favorite restaurant, Ethel and Ramone's, in Mount Washington (go there today), to see our friend Brie, who was waitressing. Do you know what happens when your friend is waitressing, and it is the end of the night, and her tables are all finished? She keeps refilling my wine glass and giving Ryan pie.

So it was a wonderful evening, and this morning Ryan FINALLY found a lovely new hat at South Moon Under. We've been looking for a damn hat for weeks, I swear. But now I'm here, and Ry is home enjoying the wonderful summer weather with Bruce. Probably at the park. Those Turds.

Listening while attempting to work: Bay Area Funk: Funk and Soul Essentials from San Francisco, Oakland, and the Bay Area, 1967-1976. Volume 1. I can't WAIT to hear volume 2 because Volume 1 kicks so much ass.

No comments: