Thursday, July 2, 2009

Prep Day

My to-do list for today consists of all the necessities for a trip to West Virginia:

  1. Pedicure – because my toes cannot be yucky while tromping through the woods. Going back to Arbutus, because I still have some money left on my gift certificate. Nothing like being pampered for free!
  2. Washworks – since I’ve been taking the dog to Robert E. Lee lately to swim, the inside of the urban truckster is covered with copious amounts of dog hair, mud and dust. I like to start a road trip with a clean car, so I am going to let 50 immigrants wash my car today. That way we can trash it with the coke bottles, slim jim wrappers, and fast food bags that are a requisite for any good road trip.
  3. Chow Baby – need to get Brucey some dog food, since we are almost completely out. I am also going to pick up some rawhides, so that he can have some good snacks for the road trip as well. Hopefully, it will keep him entertained so he is less inclined to jump over the back seat and onto someone’s lap, which is his usual trick. Yes, he believes that he is a lap dog. A fifty-some pound, shedding lap dog.
  4. And last but not least, The Wine Source – I have written lovingly about the perfection of Wine Source in the past. If you are a Baltimoron who has not been to the Wine Source, go there today. It is on Elm Avenue. See the vast beer selection, the terrific selection of wine, the helpful staff, and the cheap prices. I need to stock up on some good, refreshing summer beer and fill a couple of Zeke’s Coffee orders. I am slowly hooking the Shortline area on quality, organic, locally roasted coffee. I’m gonna ruin Maxwell House for them.

Then I will be ready to hit the road. I think if I write this here, I will be more apt to complete all of the tasks... the pressure of my vast readership is on me. Yee. Haw.

No comments: