Thursday, July 23, 2009

AND you have a view of the drug deals on the Avenue!

As I twittered this morning, my mood today is much improved, and my twittering is a full-on addiction now. I am such a sucker for the new technologies that clog up the tubes. But I feel better; I guess my hormones got back in check, my knee is bothering me less, or my wine baseline is stabilized? I don’t know, but something has occurred. I am still completely overwhelmed at work, but I just do not care today. Maybe I have reached the point where I know I am not going to get everything completed, so I’m just internetting it up this morning instead of even attempting get my tasks finished. I have oodles to catch up on in the cyber world! I have read no celebrity gossip for a week! Who knows what could have happened in my absence?

So, Ryan and I hit up 13.5% last night, a new wine bar that opened in Hampden. It does indeed seem an anomaly on the Avenue, hon, but I will tell you what: that place was jumping, the wine selection was boffo, and the prices were astoundingly low.

As much as I like wine, I’ve never been a huge fan of the “wine bar” scene. Too achingly hip and snooty for me. But this place has potential. The interior is swank but not stuffy, and you are immediately made comfortable by the friendly staff and decent music mix unobtrusively playing in the background. They weren’t trying too hard with the whole down-tempo house music thing boom-chicking the night away that seems to be a prerequisite for any swanky wine bar, restaurant, or Anthropologie. They were playing the Supremes, James Brown, some jazz, some Zep, and other old rock and roll. That went a long way towards making the environment more Hampden-friendly. I mean, Ryan came in his John Deere hat and nobody batted an eyelash. That is MY kind of wine bar. I will turn that boy into a wine lover yet, I swear!

No comments: