Monday, July 20, 2009

It Came. It Saw. It Conquered. Now It’s Over.

Or, My Life in Various Meats, Volume 1: Bottom Feeders



I have very little to say that can accurately capture the joy, adventures, silliness, and consumption that was this past weekend. But what I can suggest to you, dear reader, is that you get your ass out to Sue Island Dock Bar on Baltimore Yacht Club Road in Essex and do it immediately. Tell them the drunken, obnoxious yuppies sent you. We tipped well.

It is our third year kicking off Artscape Weekend with the good folks in Essex, and let me tell you, there is no better place in Maryland for crabs, good people, wonderful atmosphere, and frosty beverages.



Just look at those heavy beauties: perfectly seasoned, with fresh Silver Queen corn steaming beside them! We arrived around 7:00 friday night, and enjoyed the fading daylight and unseasonably cool July night until the band finished, eating continuously and watching the regulars line dance the night away.



The Champangne of Beers is the beverage of choice for crabs, or Natty Boh, if you are feeling particularly authentic.



After a few of these chilled buckets, the pictures stopped looking like this:


(It was Erron and Jason's FIRST Sue Island Outing!)

To This:


(Kim and Val, on a night away from their newborn son, party like it's 1998)

And This:


(Eyes losing focus, the only cure for this: more wine)

I think I want to redo my wedding, and do it at Sue Island. Every major event from here on out will be held at Sue Island. I hope they are ready for us.

Still to come, "My Life in Various Meats, Volume 2: The Stick Chronicles"

No comments: